My mom always use mayonnaise for her hot oil treatment because it makes her hair really soft and shiny and its also very cheap. I actually use a different material for my hot oil treatment, you can check that below.
to use mayonnaise as a hot oil these is what you'll need:
- hair clips / clamps or shower cap
- hot water
- conditioner (optional)
HOW: hot oil treatment
get the mayonnaise and massage it in your hair. Then get the towel, dip it in the hot water. Squeeze excess water, wrap it in your hair. The hair clips / clamps or shower cap will be the one that will hold the towel. Let it sit for 30 mins then wash it off with shampoo, then with conditioner (optional), towel dry.
for deep conditioning, it has the same things you'll need but you can skip out putting the towel in hot water, since its just for deep conditioning.
if you don't like mayonnaise, like I do, there can be another way for you to achieve the same look and that is with baby oil. just use the same procedure but use baby oil instead.
here are some other things you can try out.
- Massage hair with natural essential oils such as olive oil, safflower oil, coconut oil, Castor oil or lavender oil, as they beneficial for hair and scalp. Massage your scalp with any or combination of these oils, which will help to moisture your hair as well as improve blood circulation.
- Separate egg white and whip it thoroughly. Now, add 1 tbsp of water to egg yolk and whip, till it turns to be a creamy mixture. Mix both egg white and yolk together. Wet your hair with warm water and remove excessive moisture from hair. Using your fingertips, apply the egg mixture on your scalp. Gently massage until froth is formed. After this, rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.
- Beer adds a healthy shine to dull and dry hair. Before styling or blow-drying your hair, simply spray beer on your hair with the help of pump bottle. This will make your hair manageable with a healthy shine. Don’t worry about the smell, as it goes away quickly like around 5 minutes it will be gone.
- But if you don't like beer, Apple-cider vinegar can also be used to treat dry, dull hair. Douse hair in apple-cider while in the shower and rinse with cool water. After this, apply a deep - conditioning treatment.
- Baking soda also works well on dry dull hair. Mix ¼ cup water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a thin paste. Smooth the mixture onto wet hair and use a wide-toothed comb to spread it all over. Rinse the mixture with cool water and shampoo as you would normally do. But if you want a more simplified formula just add a tbsp of baking soda to your normal shampoo.
and I hope these tips can help you achieve wonderful healthy hair.