Hi there,

Thank you for visiting Kikay Central! We are happy to have you here and we hope you have a nice stay. Registration is free and absolutely free. Come and join our friendly community.

Kikay Central Team

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi there,

Thank you for visiting Kikay Central! We are happy to have you here and we hope you have a nice stay. Registration is free and absolutely free. Come and join our friendly community.

Kikay Central Team

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sister Forum

If you are interested in being a part another forum community of general topic, please join us here: General Chat Community

Poll

3 Must Have Products
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap0%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap11%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap11%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap0%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap33%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_lcap22%homemade hair treatments for your hair I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

hair colour

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:08 pm by suda

I never applied any color to my hair...
but i would like to color my hair red

I think I finally figured out what is causing my acne... my pillow!

Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:51 am by sunflower100

I have posted on here a few times about having a large breakout in acne at the age of 35. It is mostly my cheeks that breakout. I do have one or two on my forehead, but it's always been that way, but …

Sam Houston St. offense sputters in FCS title game

Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:38 pm by chujingchen

FRISCO, Texas (AP)—Sam Houston State’s powerful offense sputtered at the worst possible time, costing the Bearkats a chance to win their first FCS title.

North Dakota State made the most of big …

Battle Hair Loss

Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:04 pm by suda

Apply lemon juice to your hair. After 15 minutes wash with soap or shampoo. When it gets dry apply nigella oil, Inshallah hair fall will stop. You can also Massage with olive oil befor going to bed.

Affiliates

5 posters

homemade hair treatments for your hair

photoescape

My Mood : Happy

homemade hair treatments for your hair Empty homemade hair treatments for your hair

Post by photoescape Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:42 pm

mayonnaise can be used as a salad dressing, sandwich spread and also condiment when your cooking but do you know you can also use mayonnaise as a substitute for hot oil treatment or for deep conditioning?

My mom always use mayonnaise for her hot oil treatment because it makes her hair really soft and shiny and its also very cheap. I actually use a different material for my hot oil treatment, you can check that below.

to use mayonnaise as a hot oil these is what you'll need:

- mayonnaise
    - hair clips / clamps or shower cap
    - towel
    - hot water
    - shampoo
    - conditioner (optional)

HOW: hot oil treatment

get the mayonnaise and massage it in your hair. Then get the towel, dip it in the hot water. Squeeze excess water, wrap it in your hair. The hair clips / clamps or shower cap will be the one that will hold the towel. Let it sit for 30 mins then wash it off with shampoo, then with conditioner (optional), towel dry.

for deep conditioning, it has the same things you'll need but you can skip out putting the towel in hot water, since its just for deep conditioning.

if you don't like mayonnaise, like I do, there can be another way for you to achieve the same look and that is with baby oil. just use the same procedure but use baby oil instead.

here are some other things you can try out.

- Massage hair with natural essential oils such as olive oil, safflower oil, coconut oil, Castor oil or lavender oil, as they beneficial for hair and scalp. Massage your scalp with any or combination of these oils, which will help to moisture your hair as well as improve blood circulation.

- Separate egg white and whip it thoroughly. Now, add 1 tbsp of water to egg yolk and whip, till it turns to be a creamy mixture. Mix both egg white and yolk together. Wet your hair with warm water and remove excessive moisture from hair. Using your fingertips, apply the egg mixture on your scalp. Gently massage until froth is formed. After this, rinse your hair thoroughly with cold water.

- Beer adds a healthy shine to dull and dry hair. Before styling or blow-drying your hair, simply spray beer on your hair with the help of pump bottle. This will make your hair manageable with a healthy shine. Don’t worry about the smell, as it goes away quickly like around 5 minutes it will be gone.

- But if you don't like beer, Apple-cider vinegar can also be used to treat dry, dull hair. Douse hair in apple-cider while in the shower and rinse with cool water. After this, apply a deep - conditioning treatment.

- Baking soda also works well on dry dull hair. Mix ¼ cup water with 1 tablespoon of baking soda to make a thin paste. Smooth the mixture onto wet hair and use a wide-toothed comb to spread it all over. Rinse the mixture with cool water and shampoo as you would normally do. But if you want a more simplified formula just add a tbsp of baking soda to your normal shampoo.

good luck! Smile

and I hope these tips can help you achieve wonderful healthy hair.

much love!
    Dazzler
    Dazzler
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Thankful

homemade hair treatments for your hair Empty Re: homemade hair treatments for your hair

Post by Dazzler Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:49 pm

These are amazing hair care tips photoescape! I love them a lot. I have used mayonnaise for hot oil treatment and it works great. I didn't know though that beer adds shine to dry hair! I love the apple cider too for treatment. Amazing post, thank you for sharing it with the community Very Happy
    photoescape

homemade hair treatments for your hair Empty Re: homemade hair treatments for your hair

Post by photoescape Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:04 pm

me too! I just found that by my mom's friend when we went out drinking one time. she took a bottle of beer to the ladies room and washed her hair with it. it was really funny but it looks fantastic! Very Happy thanks!
    Dazzler
    Dazzler
    Admin
    Admin

My Mood : Thankful

Post by Dazzler Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Yeah it's really unexpected but very creative! I am all about makeup and skin care but I use what is already in the market Smile. I have read so many homemade skin and body care alternative but haven't been using them much because I'm too busy at work Sad
    jennifer

Post by jennifer Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Just wondering, how baking powder will help dull hair? Will it mix well with water...like, will it be completely soluble or will it be slightly grainy...if grainy, then I am sure it shall take me a lot of time to wash it away. Did you try it out....can try it out today itself.
    support

Post by support Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:17 pm

To clean hair and give it a super shine, whip an egg into tepid water (not too hot or you'll be dealing with a poached egg), then lather it into your hair. Rinse it out with tepid water or that egg will poach right on top of your head. To deep-treat damaged hair, give it a healthy sheen, and cure dryness right down to the roots, use this pre-shampoo conditioning treatment: Mix together 3 eggs, 2 tablespoons olive oil or safflower oil, and 1 teaspoon vinegar. Apply it to your tresses, cover with a plastic cap, and leave it on for 30 minutes. Then shampoo as usual.

Last edited by Kikay on Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed link)
    jennifer

Post by jennifer Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:02 pm

Lol, can egg actually poach on head?

Sounds funny Very Happy
    Kathy
    Kathy

Post by Kathy Sun May 22, 2011 2:59 am

Here's a tip if you have long hair and just want to "hot oil" or "mayo" from the neck or shoulders down. You can bring hair to each side of your head (like "pigtails") and dip your hair into the hot oil or mayo ... then, using a plastic bag similar to the ones in the produce or meat section at the grocery store (a narrow, long plastic bag, in other words) ... place your hair inside the bag, using one bag for each side of your head and secure the bag near the top of the bag with a hair tie.

You can then wrap a towel around your head, although it isn't really necessary. This way, you can do things around the house without hasseling the towel, etc.

The only thing is, you may wish to lock your front door and pretend no one is home, as I was doing this once and had my hair in plastic bags when someone stopped over to visit! They thought it was funny.

Kathy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:11 pm